LE PETIT GRAND TOUR D' ARCHITECTURE
The Le Petit Grand Tour D’Architecture trip will take place during summer intersession 2017 from May 17-29.
The Le Petit Grand Tour D’Architecture trip is a travel studies program to Italy, Greece, the Greek Isles and Turkey. Students will travel with Professor Jon Davey and explore the architectural wonders of Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL DO EACH DAY:
• Day 1: Overnight flight to Italy
• Day 2: Arrive in Rome
• Day 3: Visit Vatican City and sightseeing in Rome
• Day 4: Excursion to Florence
• Day 5: Travel to Sorrento and climb Mt. Vesuvius
• Day 6: Visit Pompeii and travel via night ferry to Greece
• Day 7: Arrive in Patras and travel to Delphi
• Day 8: Sightseeing in Delphi and travel to Athens
• Day 9: Sightseeing in Athens
• Days 10-13: Greek Island Cruise
• Day 13: Depart for home
• Round-trip airfare
• 7 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms
• 1 overnight ferry accommodations
• 3 nights cabin accommodations on cruise
• European breakfast and dinner daily (3 meals daily during cruise)
• Full-time tour director
• 6 guided sightseeing tours
• 2 walking tours
• Visits to special attractions
• 3-day Greek island cruise with optional excursions
• Academic fees
• Additional meal each day
• Cruise excursions
• Cruise drinks
• Cruise gratitude
• Tour Director required tip
• Coach driver tip
• Taxi rides
• Miscellaneous daily expenses/gifts
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP?
• Call EF Tours and register for the trip (you must call). The trip number is 1906135ME. Call the Traveler Support Department at 617-619-1976 and speak with Harry. You will pay $200. The rest of the bill will be placed on your bursar bill.
• Go online at SIU Center for International Education and register for the trip.
• Register for ARC 444 (1-6 credits) Spring 2017 or ARC 502 (3 credits). These classes will be up in the spring.
• Starting at the beginning of the spring semester there will be three informal pizza and discussion meetings covering the various aspects of the Le Petit Grand Tour d’Architetcure.
• Passport in hand application from post office.
• Sign up for the trip through Maggie at SIUC International Programs (Margaret Flynn) 453-3885.
• Check with Financial Aid.
• Some scholarship monies through the SIU Global Initiative, International Program, Margaret Flynn 453-3885.