John K. Dobbins
Interim Director of the School of Architecture, Associate Professor of Architectural Studies
413 Quigley Hall
At SIU Since 1990
- Master of Architecture, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986
- Master of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1984
- Architecture 342: Building Technology III: Metals
- Architecture 361: Architectural Structures I
- Architecture 362: Architectural Structures II
- Architecture 462: Architectural Structures III
- Architecture 502: Special Projects in Architecture
- Architecture 541: Systems + the Environment
- Architecture 554: Thesis Design Studio II
- Architecture 599: Thesis
- Architecture 601: Continuing Enrollment
Dobbins, J. K. (2008, November). Laminated Bamboo: A Sustainable Structural System. Presented at AIA Illinois, Breaking New Ground, Moline, IL.
Dobbins, J. K. (2004, January). The Architectural Work of Brother Adrian Wewer, O.F.M.: Structural and Aesthetic Aspects. Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on the Arts and Humanities, Honolulu, HI.
Dobbins, J. K. (2000, December). Religious Architecture of Murphysboro, Illinois. Presented at the 21st Illinois History Symposium, Springfield, IL.
Dobbins, J. K. (2000, January). Teaching Design Communication in the Digital Age. Presented at Design Communication Association, DCA Y2K, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
Dobbins, J. K. (1999, December). At Worship in Southern Illinois. Presented to Illinois State Historical Society, Illinois History Symposium, Springfield, IL.
Dobbins, J. K. (1999, September). The Ubiquitous Laboratory of Architecture. Presented at Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture West Central Regional Meeting: In Your Backyard, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND.
For More Information
Visit Professor Dobbins' faculty webpage